Discover the laid back Algarve. After grooming and harnessing our friendly donkeys we begin our excursion through the beautiful Moorish town of Almeijoafras (arab: the town with elevated wells). Brimming with small animals and seasonal fruits and vegetables ripe for picking. Old farmstead (Quinta) with its historical features, medieval ruins and “age old” trails are taking us back to a time full of myths and stories. After leaving the village we cross fields with olive-, carob-, almond- and orange-plantations. The scent of lavender and thyme will accompany you.
Minimum 2 persons, Maximum 15 persons.
All excursions are guided. You can ride or guide.
Kilometre: 3, Duration 3 hours
Price: Adults € 45.--, Kids up to 6 years € 30.--
Start of tour: by arrangement. Meeting Point: free parking at Paderne` s football stadium (Estrada de Paderne 970N, Paderne, Portugal, GPS coordinates: 37,175843, -8.203900). Transfer from your hotel available on request.
- Pick up at the meeting point at Paderne`s football stadium
- Get together with a refreshing Welcome drink
- A quick induction and an initial briefing
- We stroke our donkey and make them ready to go
- The excursion begins
- We arrive back at the donkey farm and feed our furry companions
- Now we looking after our well-being with cool beverages
- Transfer back to the meeting point at Paderne`s football stadium
Please bring with you closed footwear, comfortable clothing.